Filming Permit

A Film Permit is required for public and private property shoots of twenty-five or more individuals engaging in the activity of filming or photographing a commercial, movie, documentary. TV program, catalog or magazine layout or any other presentation for commercial or educational purposes.

Special Events Permit, other permits may be required. These additional permits may include separate fees. Please reference the list of permits below.

Department of Fire Prevention

Department of Animal Control

If the event involves animals, such as a carnival, zoo, or circus, a Commercial Animal Enterprise Permit Application (PDF) will be needed. Additional information can be obtained by contacting 631-702-2915. 

Beverage & Food Service

If there is any beverage and/or food service connected with the event, then a separate application must be made to the Suffolk County Department of Health Services, Food Unit. Contact them at 631-852-5873 or 631-852-5999.

Contact Us

  1. _MGF6606_final-2021

    Sundy A. Schermeyer

    Town Clerk
    Email Sundy A. Schermeyer

    Town Hall -Map
    116 Hampton Rd.
    Southampton, NY 11968

    Monday - Friday
    8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

    Ph: 631-287-5740
    Fx: 631-283-5606

    Hampton Bays Annex - Map
    25 Ponquogue Ave.
    Hampton Bays, NY 11946

    Tuesday & Thursday
    8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

    Ph: 631-723-2712
    Fx: 631-723-3080

    Staff Directory