Disposal of Garbage, Recyclables & Green Bags
17The Town of Southampton utilizes a pay-per-bag program for resident self-haulers only. The town provides no garbage pickup services. Residents bring their household garbage and recyclables to any one of the four town-operated recycling centers.
All recyclables should be transported separately and placed in the appropriate trailer / location at the recycling center. Recyclables such as corrugated cardboard, mixed paper, cans, glass bottles, and plastics #1 and #2 only are accepted at no cost to residents.
Green Garbage Bags
Residents must purchase green, Town of Southampton garbage bags from local stores. See below for store locations.
- All household garbage should be placed in a green town garbage bag.
- The fees for garbage disposal are included in the price of the green town garbage bags.
- Only household garbage should be placed in a green town garbage bag.
Southampton Town “Green Bags” for garbage disposal at Town facilities:
Large Bags are 5 for $17.00 - 33 gallon
Medium Bags are 5 for $9.35 - 13 gallons
Where To Purchase Green Bags
View the following locations that provide green garbage bags:
- Loper's Equipment, 585 Montauk Hwy.
- King Kullen, 25 Eastport Manor Road
- 7-11, 721 Flanders Road
- King Kullen, 52 East Montauk Highway
- Wild by Nature, 260 West Montauk Highway
- Riverhead Building Supply, 165 West Montauk Highway
- Shinnecock True Value Hardware, 91 West Montauk Hwy
- Town of Southampton Clerk Annex, 25 Ponquogue Avenue
- Shinnecock True Value Hardware, 849 County Road 39
- Porcos Country Deli and Pizzeria, 926 Noyack Road
- Herrick Hardware, 41 Main Street
- Riverhead Building Supply, 44 Powell Avenue
- Southrifty Drug, 54 Jagger Lane
- Town of Southampton - Clerk's Office, 116 Hampton Road
- Stop & Shop, 167 Main Street (entrance) & Jagger Lane
- North Sea General Store, 1360 North Sea Road
- North Sea Hardware, 1411 North Sea Rd
- Cromer's Country Market, 3500 Noyack Road
- Emporium Hardware, 72 Main Street
- Henry Persan & Sons, 79 Division Street
- Schiavoni's Market, 48 Main Street
- Sag Harbor Garden Center, 11 Spring Street